Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Home

You can never go home again, but the truth is you can never leave home, so it's all right.

Maya Angelou


I'm home. I am aware all at once of the significance of this past year, the privilege of this present moment to enjoy the people and places I have missed, and to be excited about the unknown and impending future.

To the Rotarians who have hosted me, welcomed me, written to me, shared stories with me, and listened to me this past year... I thank you for your generosity, kindness, and support.

To my family and friends in the States who have kept up with me, visited me, and welcomed me back... you are my home.

To those I have lived with, laughed with, studied with, worked with, traveled with, and struggled with this year in Northern Ireland... you are missed and deeply appreciated.

My time as an Ambassadorial Rotary Scholar has come to an end, but I will continue this blog about the things in life which compel me to write. I also look forward to returning to South Carolina to share with the Lake Murray-Irmo club about this past year and anticipate future involvement in Rotary, international education, and peace and conflict issues.

Future reflections are likely, however, for now...

Slan go foil, Derry.

2 comments:

Tori P said...

I welcome you home!!!

Tori P said...

I welcome you home, Yay!